Every time award season comes up, one major thing fans notice about their favorite Hollywood celebrities aside from the flawless skin, perfect make-up and hair and beautiful designer gowns are their dazzlingly bright smiles. Every time the celebrities flash their pearly whites, people can’t help but sigh and wish they too had smiles worthy of Hollywood.
It is a well-known fact that dental veneers, better known as porcelain veneers are the secret behind Hollywood’s best celebrity smiles. While a significant part may have to do with having good genes, veneer takes it to the level where they are perfect. It is for this reason that ordinary folk want to learn all they can about porcelain veneers and go to great lengths to get them. Smiles, after all, have a significant impact not just on the way people look at you but also on how you feel about yourself.
For the clueless, porcelain veneers are wafer-thin, custom-made shells designed to cover the front surface of the tooth. This results in a dramatic change in your teeth’ color, shape, length and size which in turn completely transforms your smile and your overall look. Veneers can be made from either porcelain or resin composites but most people prefer porcelain because it mimics the natural light-reflecting properties of your real teeth so it looks more natural.
In addition to changing your appearance, veneers are also the best solution to some of the most common dental problems our teeth experience as we age. Some of these problems include worn enamel, chipped/cracked/broken teeth, uneven or irregularly-shaped teeth or teeth that have become discolored due to taking certain medications or consuming teeth-staining beverages like coffee and tea.
However, while porcelain veneers may be the best solution for most dental problems, it is not always the best solution that you can consider. Because the procedure is irreversible because a small amount of enamel is removed from the front surface of your teeth, dentists may sometimes recommend a less invasive procedure first like teeth whitening before they recommend veneers.
Read more here
There is no doubt about how big a change getting porcelain veneers can create in your life. Great smiles encourage people to get to know you better and can create great first impressions that can get you anything from that dream job to that dream guy. Smiles are like your business calling cards – they express your personality better than any fashion statement can.
Your teeth and smile are an essential part of your overall look. Appearance is important, especially when you’re living and working and dating in Texas. Being uncomfortable about your teeth and gums or worrying that people are commenting on your teeth can make you feel self-conscious in an instant. Porcelain veneers are the smile makeover of choice for Texas people because they are versatile and conceal a multitude of sins. But the perks don’t end there.
Porcelain veneers don’t only impact your appearance, they affect your demeanor, behavior, and how others perceive you. Here are just seven ways that porcelain veneers can change your life:
- Gain confidence. Everyone needs confidence. Without it, reaching the kind of success you want in Arlington will be that much harder. With a porcelain veneers smile makeover, you will have the kind of smile that oozes confidence. Whether you are feeling out of your element or not, you can trust that your teeth are telling a story that you have it all together.
- Ace the interview. You can land that coveted job when your smile shows your interviewer just how confident, intelligent, and meticulous you are. After all, anyone whose teeth look that good must be a stickler for details. Especially in professions like sales, law, teaching, and real estate, your teeth can be your ticket to success or failure.
- Be lucky in love. Whether you’re looking for love online or in person, how you look matters. If your teeth are in disrepair because they are discolored, misaligned, or short and unflattering, undergoing a cosmetic dentistry treatment like porcelain veneers can give you the kind of smile that anyone would love.
- Be more persuasive. Smiles can earn you points that a straight face or a closed-mouth grin could never achieve. When you reveal teeth that you are proud of, your smile will go straight to your eyes, and it’s easy to tell when smiles are genuine or forced. The art of persuasion is part skill set and part appearance – porcelain veneers can close the deal.
- Look smarter. No one can tell how intelligent you are just by looking at you, but that doesn’t mean people won’t make assumptions. If your smile is flawless thanks to porcelain veneers, your level of knowledge will precede you, sometimes before you even speak.
- Look more important. When you are sporting an impeccable smile, people will simply assume that you’re in charge or have it together. There is no reason not to imply that you’re on top of things in your life. If others believe it of you, you can believe it of yourself. A good smile can help you aim higher and have faith that you will reach the goals you have set for yourself.
- Be more approachable. People who smile look friendlier, happier, and more approachable. Maybe these aren’t the vibe you always want to give off, but when you do want to invite people into your orbit, having a good smile is an excellent way to make it happen.
We love our patients and love to help them form healthy dental life that will last them a lifetime. For more information call us today to answer all of your questions so get an appointment today.