Effective and Affordable
Helping our patients achieve and maintain a healthy, beautiful smile is one of our top priorities at our Brighter Smile Family Dentistry.
“We provide patients with a customized treatment plan that addresses any oral health issues and cosmetic concerns.”
It is up to the patient to follow through on their dental visits and to take good care of their teeth and gums with an appropriate home care plan. Here are seven tips for a healthy and beautiful smile:
- Maintain a consistent brushing routine. Dr. Lee recommends all patients brush and floss their teeth twice per day — once in the morning, and once before bedtime. It’s also essential to use the right brushing technique and to follow up with a good mouthwash.
- Don’t skip the floss. Even though flossing regularly can be tedious, it’s essential for protecting your gums and can ward off many oral health problems later. Just get into the habit of flossing your teeth before you brush twice per day.
- See Dr. Lee at least once a quarter. The standard two visits per year is typically not enough for most patients. We encourage patients to visit our dental clinic in Arlington once every three months for an oral exam and professional cleaning. Routine visits help us detect problems early and modify your treatment plan if needed.
- Chew sugarless gum between meals. Instead of brushing your teeth immediately after a meal, make a habit of chewing sugarless gum for about 20 minutes after a meal. This can help to prevent tooth decay and any acid from the food will not wear down the tooth enamel when you brush.
- Skip the sugar. Just say no to sweets and sugary foods! Eating high-sugar foods or drinking sugar-laden beverages is not only bad for your health but can also damage your teeth. Clean up your diet so you are eating more nutritious foods regularly to protect that beautiful smile.
- Avoid foods that stain your teeth. Certain foods and beverages can stain your teeth and these stains may be impossible to remove without a professional cleaning. Tea, tomato sauce, sports drinks, soy sauce, coffee, wine, berries, soda, and candy can all stain your teeth. Minimize consumption of these foods and beverages, or rinse your mouth with water after consuming them.
- Eat foods that protect your teeth. Eating crunchy fruits and vegetables can scrub away plaque naturally and also stimulates the production of saliva. Strawberries and oranges are especially beneficial for polishing the teeth. Eat more raw foods like carrots, celery, cauliflower, and apples to protect your teeth.
We love our patients and love to help them form healthy dental life that will last them a lifetime. For more information call us today to answer all of your questions so get an appointment today.